Coral(?) hitchhiker?

  • Thread starter Thread starter digitlhaze
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

digitlhaze

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2026
Messages
32
Reaction score
73
Location
Cincinnati
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, I'm sure you get sick of seeing these, but any chance at IDing this mushroom looking fella I found on a new piece of live rock (the coral, not the snail. I know what that is 😅). I'm extremely new to coral and if it's not a zoa or gsp I'm still relatively clueless lol.

I just want to make sure it's not anything toxic or something that's gonna take over overnight.
7505.jpg


7504.jpg
 
Looks to be a discosoma mushroom. They can grow and spread quickly. Removing it or keeping it in depends on what you plan for the tank.
 
Well I was planning on adding some softies once the tank got settled a bit more. I guess he can stay for now, I'll just keep an eye on it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new