Coral HoF

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ike
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
1,751
Reaction score
1,001
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see where someone had done this already. If I missed it, sorry!

Here are the rules...

1.) Must be well known and fairly widely available, or at least it was at some point.

2.) Must either be very pretty or have some historical significance to the hobby (I.E. a coral that a lot of people love and have kept)

3.) Must have been around for at least 5 years.

4.) Select up to 10 corals per forum category (SPS, Zoanthids, LPS).

5.) In the spirit of fun, eep it to trade names rather than just a plain old species and genus.

If people think this is fun we can actually do a tally and have have the first class be compiled of the top 10 most mentioned in each category later in the year.

Here are a few to get you started...

SPS:
CITR Red Dragon
Tyree Bali Tricolor
Oregon Tort
Strawberry Shortcake
Bali Shortcake (Poison Envy, Reef Raft Firecracker, TCK Mardi Gras to name a few)

Zoanthids:
Eagle Eyes
Watermelons
Utter Chaos
Rastas

LPS:
Tyree War Coral
Mia's Pot of Gold Favia
Meteor Shower Cyphastrea
Bizarro Cyphastrea
ORA Red Gioniopora

Soft/Octo Coral:



I'll think about the rest of my votes while I pack for my trip later...

If there's anyone that's active, diligent, and in in tracking the results via a spread sheet that would be amazing. Otherwise, we'll make it a team effort if we get enough votes later in the year. We could also make a few polls once people chime in with choices for a bit.

Have at it, keep it fun, and stick to the rules. Feel free to include pics and/or reasons for your choices!

Reef Keeping TOTM April 2015
 
Huh, I think I’m actually a little pleasantly surprised that people are posting in threads with more substance than this. One more try to see if anyone wants to weigh in. Did I offend the soft coral people? :p
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new