Coral ID. Cyphastrea?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JediCruz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JediCruz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2020
Messages
302
Reaction score
183
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this, what I believe is, cyphastrea coral from Living Reef Orlando. Don’t think the guy that pulled it knew what it was (said he thought it was a type of Lepto) and it was in the $10 section. Does everyone agree? It could be a Stylocoeniella but the polyps are close to the skeleton so even though in high flow stylo’s stay like that, I still think it’s Cyphastrea.

61D5ED8F-42AA-4335-A3AF-4FE57E7F1092.jpeg
 
Peppermint cyphastrea
 
Peppermint cyphastrea
Peppermint. Sounds right. I didn’t have a chance to find all the different variants and colormorphs but the coloring would leave me to believe that someone would call it that. Time to look it up!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new