Coral ID from petco

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shibaken3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shibaken3

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2022
Messages
567
Reaction score
371
Location
LasVegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I get an id for the one that is pointed?
The rim is red and the middle was green.
I'm guessing lobophyllia but it looked like it's branching so a candy cane coral??
It will be great to know what it is.
Thank you

20221224_150427.jpg
 
Looks like a candy cane/trumpet coral. It is most likely Caulastrea furcata, but it could also be Astraeosmilia.
 
I see Lobophylia in the middle/pointed, then I see Acans, Sinularia, Kenya Tree, Montipora, and Clove Polyps. And a snail!
The corallite is too small to be a lobophyllia. The texture of the flesh isn’t right either.
 
Can I get an id for the one that is pointed?
The rim is red and the middle was green.
I'm guessing lobophyllia but it looked like it's branching so a candy cane coral??
It will be great to know what it is.
Thank you

20221224_150427.jpg
open brain coral
 
Last edited:
Can I get an id for the one that is pointed?
The rim is red and the middle was green.
I'm guessing lobophyllia but it looked like it's branching so a candy cane coral??
It will be great to know what it is.
Thank you

20221224_150427.jpg
Any pics under white lighting? can be a trachy as I am now on a full screen versus phone
 
Any pics under white lighting? can be a trachy as I am now on a full screen versus phone
I would like to get it in white pic but it's at Petco. I would need to purchase it first. It's only 40 bucks it might be worth it if it is open brain coral. The size is about 2 inches kinda big for a candy cane. I'll try to get another picture when I stop by again.
 
Any pics under white lighting? can be a trachy as I am now on a full screen versus phone
Too small to be a Trachyphyllia. It also looks like the corallite is on a stalk, which means it’s probably phaceloid, while Trachyphyllia is flabellate or flabello-meandroid.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new