Coral ID Help Please (Sorry)

  • Thread starter Thread starter EVandh2o
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EVandh2o

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Location
Iowa
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am obviously new to the reefing game and need some help identifying a coral please. We purchased it from a LFS for $40.
1000025966.jpg
and we were told it's a hammer coral, but looking at other pictures I'm not 100% sure. I thought it might be a frogspawn???, but I'm tired of guessing and would love some help. Thanks in advance.
 
Could you possibly get a clearer photo, this photo's a little too low-resolution to tell
 
Its a hammer, its shriveled up right now likely due to it being new to the tank but nope that's most definitely a hammer. Frogspawns will have tentacles with numerous little ball like objects sticking out of them, those tentacles have one hammer shaped dangley thing
 
Its a hammer, its shriveled up right now likely due to it being new to the tank but nope that's most definitely a hammer. Frogspawns will have tentacles with numerous little ball like objects sticking out of them, those tentacles have one hammer shaped dangley thing
Thank you.
 
Its a hammer, its shriveled up right now likely due to it being new to the tank but nope that's most definitely a hammer. Frogspawns will have tentacles with numerous little ball like objects sticking out of them, those tentacles have one hammer shaped dangley thing
Some of the tentacles look like they have multiple acrospheres, but it's hard to tell with this pjoto
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new