Coral ID help

Family Tanks

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2021
Messages
49
Reaction score
33
Location
Maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I could use a little help with some coral ID. My local shop sold these to me "SUPER cheap" without knowing what they are, and I felt up to the task of giving them the best possible opportunity for survival. I have my opinions on what they are, but my knowledge of SPS is somewhat limited since I come from a time when SPS wasn't so common. So, I figured I would run it by the pros here. Thus far they are doing really well, and have colored up nicely. Even showing some signs of growth.

IMG_4238.JPG IMG_4241.JPG IMG_4244.JPG
 
Top is cyphastrea and bottom looks like Phoenix monti or similar
 
Thanks for the tips thus far. Turns out I had that cyphastrea way too close to the light, so it's since been moved down. I'm actually really happy to learn it's a low light coral, since I don't have a particularly high energy system. Does anyone have any guesses as to what the "hairy" one in the middle might be?
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new