Coral ID please and sorry ... Came in a frag pack

Justin Hartmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got my corals today from the WWC live sale. I got one of the four packs and thought they had said they will include an ID for the corals contained in the pack with the shipment. The invoice only lists it as the live sale frag pack. I have sent an email to them to see if they kept a record of what corals they put in each pack, but I would think this would have been a ton for them to have recorded what frags they put in each pack and who it went to (assuming that they were not all the exact same). So I am not holding out a ton of hope they will have this information and they are yet to get back to me (I am sure its still a busy time).

With that said I have one coral that I cannot identify, in what I think is an SPS, and would like to know so that I can properly place and care for it. I have no idea what I am talking about though haha so I could be totally wrong. It could be a mushroom or something, though it is for sure hard and doesn't move or bend at all. I do have a few questions about identifying what I believe to be LPS, but I added those to the LPS thread as I thought they would get more experts in the correct classification. I know there are, acros I believe, that grow out in a table like shape and are often mounted on a vertical face to grow out like a shelf. If that is what this frag is would it be best to mount in on a vertical face to grow out like that or can it grow well vertically? Last question is my CUC (crabs) are all over the corals and have knocked a few over (I need to go get some glue tomorrow and glue them down). This leads me to the question of would this frag be okay to pop off the plus with a razor blade and glued down? I just hope I get the placement I want and that it will be happy in if I do that because it will be hard to move after that.

Unfiltered Picture
Unknown.jpg

Filtered Picture
Unknown Filtered.jpg

OP
OP
Justin Hartmann

Justin Hartmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect thats what I needed to know thanks! I assume it would be no problem to pop it off the plug and glue it to the rock? My crabs will not leave it alone and it looks like they just want the plug. Though I cannot confirm because I did not see but I think my emerald crab just pulled my micromussa into a cave in the rock. I hope if I pop it off the plug and glue it they stopped getting messed with.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back