Coral ID please

  • Thread starter Thread starter SM37
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Not a Goniastrea; true Goniastrea are more pale/cream-colored and have prominent paliform lobes like this:
New Caledonia | Credit: Brigitte Leroy
1705793721511.png


It's more likely a Favites or subcerioid Dipsastraea.
 
Good to know!
And wow, those are so bright. I bet they just glow like crazy!
Yes the glow under blues is insane! I got them for 80$ each I think
 
Not a Goniastrea; true Goniastrea are more pale/cream-colored and have prominent paliform lobes like this:
New Caledonia | Credit: Brigitte Leroy
1705793721511.png


It's more likely a Favites or subcerioid Dipsastraea.
I’m assuming still same care, yeah? Also, I put my frag between two rocks with the sides touching the rocks; will it end up encrusting the rocks? Or do I have to attach it above the rock?
 
I’m assuming still same care, yeah? Also, I put my frag between two rocks with the sides touching the rocks; will it end up encrusting the rocks? Or do I have to attach it above the rock?
yes, most merulinids have the same care: medium flow & lighting
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new