Coral ID please

RabidDragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I'm a complete noob to corals, my tank is 7 months old. I've got purple coralline algae growing but am struggling to keep my Nit & Phos above zero. I ordered some CUC from https://ipsf.com/ and got a random freebie coral, after some looking I believe its a Green Polyp Toadstool Leather Coral, do you agree? Its appearance when I received it last night looked like a mushroom I could have bought at the grocery store and added to my morning eggs :) I had no idea what it was. This morning it opened up and I'm actually quite happy with it. There are a few spots on it that are still retracted but I suspect these areas were rubbing against the plastic bag it came in.

Does it look happy? I'm guessing "Yes"... but again I'm a noob. There appears to be a strand hanging off it from an area I suspect was rubbed against the bag it came from.
  • Too much light? too little?
  • Too much flow? too little?
Thanks!

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appears to be just fine. Great looking coral. BTW, they are VERY hardy and will retract their polyps for extended periods of time and occasionally shed skin so, don't be too alarmed if this happens. You can always check back if you are worried!

OP
OP
RabidDragon

RabidDragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appears to be just fine. Great looking coral. BTW, they are VERY hardy and will retract their polyps for extended periods of time and occasionally shed skin so, don't be too alarmed if this happens. You can always check back if you are worried!
Thanks

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back