Coral ID Please

Nicksreef2022

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2023
Messages
59
Reaction score
18
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone please help me identify the coral in green .
IMG_3804.jpeg
I bought it 6 months ago but forgot to ask the shop what it was called . I’m thinking if it’s part of the Acan family .
 
I can’t tell my eyes are bad and that’s not a good picture, but it kind of looks like a acan or candy cane maybe
 
Yep, that's coral.

(I think it's a ticked off trumpet/candycane. Polyps look a little too distinct to be some kind of favia or micro. But then - it could be. How much skeleton is there? Is it forming a little mound of tightly packed polyps, or is there a branching structure underneath?)
 
IMG_3806.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3807.jpeg
    IMG_3807.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3808.jpeg
    IMG_3808.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 54
Merulinidae sp, probably Dipsastraea, or maybe Astraeosmilia
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new