Coral ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Poseidon03
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Poseidon03

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2019
Messages
818
Reaction score
694
Location
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was being sold as a favia, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. What's everyone else's thought? I know SPS well and most LPS, but always struggle with the name of brain corals.

Screenshot_20240304-141352.png
 
You are correct; dipsastraea.


Dipsastraea get submeandroid/deformed in captivity.
Thank you! I'll have to research more to find it a permanent spot (growth rate/sweepers/ect). I already see some growth in it. It's nice having a tank 1+yr old that you can just plop things into and they'll grow, lol.

Most of it is probably just the tissue extending, but that's still a good sign.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new