Coral ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alaska209
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alaska209

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2023
Messages
38
Reaction score
21
Location
Riverbank
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would anyone be able to identify this coral, I received it for free a month or so ago and cannot remember what it’s called. I appreciate the help in advance!
IMG_1295.jpeg
IMG_1295.jpeg
 
Sorry no idea, but it sure looks pretty.
So what is the orange stick in background? I am sorry it looks nice…
 
Sorry no idea, but it sure looks pretty.
So what is the orange stick in background? I am sorry it looks nice…
Bubblegum Digitata from what I was told when I purchased the frag.
IMG_1336.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9968.jpeg
    IMG_9968.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 64
Bubblegum Digitata from what I was told when I purchased the frag.
IMG_1336.jpeg
Looks more like "forest fire" montipora to me.

The all green one looks like it could be a hydnophora, but the skeletal growth (what I can see of it) looks a bit off for hydnophora. . . at least to my eye. . . but I have been on a losing streak lately haha. . . probably hydnophora.
 
Looks more like "forest fire" montipora to me.

The all green one looks like it could be a hydnophora, but the skeletal growth (what I can see of it) looks a bit off for hydnophora. . . at least to my eye. . . but I have been on a losing streak lately haha. . . probably hydnophora.
I’m far from an expert as I’m only 6 months into saltwater tanks and corals, but it could be a "forest fire” from what I’ve read they are often confused with each other.
 
I’m far from an expert as I’m only 6 months into saltwater tanks and corals, but it could be a "forest fire” from what I’ve read they are often confused with each other.
Hmm after some research I stand corrected, I think bubble gum is accurate. Thanks!

Yours does seem to have a blue base and green tips (or at least greener than the forest fire). . . ya learn something new everyday haha
 
Also, assuming that is a hydnophora I would move it much farther away from the monti. . . they are very aggressive and I fear the monti will not last long (my hydnophora just killed a pocillopora and plating monti)
 
Also, assuming that is a hydnophora I would move it much farther away from the monti. . . they are very aggressive and I fear the monti will not last long (my hydnophora just killed a pocillopora and plating monti)
So far that’s what the consensus has been, let’s see if there is any varying opinions. If it’s the case I have plenty of time to separate them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new