Coral ID

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please help me identify this acro colony?

Is it strawberry shortcake?

Thanks a lot

20201017_185002.jpg 20201017_184950.jpg

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral can vary coloration based on factors like lighting intensity and nutrients. Sometimes people disingenuously juice their photos with post-processing too to make certain colors pop more.

Not to mention these names are meaningless and people can call any coral whatever they want to. Only scientific nomenclature is going to be specific and unchanging.

OP
OP
Lovefish77

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral can vary coloration based on factors like lighting intensity and nutrients. Sometimes people disingenuously juice their photos with post-processing too to make certain colors pop more.

Not to mention these names are meaningless and people can call any coral whatever they want to. Only scientific nomenclature is going to be specific and unchanging.
I agree but I just got this colony recently and there is no editing whatsoever straight out of the phone. I am thinking of selling it and as a start I wanted to make sure which acro it is to price properly. Thanks

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the same species as a strawberry shortcake but I am not sure off the top of my head what it might be. Maybe someone can get an id from the last pic you provided.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back