Coral ID

JGTPA

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2021
Messages
66
Reaction score
19
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a mushroom Coral? It randomly showed up on my rock almost a year after I set up my tank. And now it’s getting huge!
52131C9E-9D28-43A3-8CEF-CBAD206C355F.jpeg
1464EBBF-B5B9-4C41-AAD2-1A2C7DBCDD3C.jpeg
 
Looks like a green hairy mushroom. They grow quite quickly and have a pretty strong sting. Some, including myself consider them invasive along the line of something like Xenia or GSP but not as bad as those two. Similar to trumpet mushrooms for invasiveness. If it were my tank, I would kalk paste them and put something much prettier in their place before they can spread out of control.
 
Good to know! It is growing really fast! I can stop it by kalking what kind of paste around it?
 
No some coral can become very dominant in a tank I think zombie engineer is saying eliminate the coral and replace it with a less aggressive coral!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new