Coral ID

GoingHammer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2022
Messages
52
Reaction score
9
Location
Clinton Corners
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this frag from my LFS and I wanted to say it’s favia but I’m second guessing it now can anyone ID?

4B2302EE-13C4-4EE4-B6A4-DEC9BEE345F2.jpeg 298D553A-A078-4599-81EA-8394BF6B2C25.jpeg
 
Merulinidae sp. Probably favites
Definitely not favia, as favia is an Atlantic only genus, where no stony corals are collected
 
Very interesting! I appreciate it thank you! Are you not allowed to collect stony in Atlantic or that’s just not where they are from?
 
Very interesting! I appreciate it thank you! Are you not allowed to collect stony in Atlantic or that’s just not where they are from?
you are not allowed to collect stony corals in Atlantic reefs
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new