coral id

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shibaken3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shibaken3

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
371
Location
LasVegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got these from LFS. Got them because they look cool. there's some kind of favia?? no idea I was told that its maybe a dragon favia by LFS I don't know which one tho.

20221129_113810.jpg 20221129_113854.jpg
 
Got these from LFS. Got them because they look cool. there's some kind of favia?? no idea I was told that its maybe a dragon favia by LFS I don't know which one tho.

20221129_113810.jpg 20221129_113854.jpg
May be rainbow soul favia.
 
second either looks like a goniastrea or prism favia but first could also be platygyra. Hard to tell as they dont look puffed up(flesh), small, and maybe slightly bleached as well. They are hardy and should bounce back easily in lower flow and light areas of the tank
 
second either looks like a goniastrea or prism favia but first could also be platygyra. Hard to tell as they dont look puffed up(flesh), small, and maybe slightly bleached as well. They are hardy and should bounce back easily in lower flow and light areas of the tank
I recently got them, ill update once they start growing and looking better
 
I recently got them, ill update once they start growing and looking better
they look good just small, favia and similar corals do grow faster when target fed about once a week but it isnt necessary. Good luck!
 
Got these from LFS. Got them because they look cool. there's some kind of favia?? no idea I was told that its maybe a dragon favia by LFS I don't know which one tho.

20221129_113810.jpg 20221129_113854.jpg
1. True Platygyra
2. Merulinidae sp. Probably dipsastraea rosaria
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new