Coral ID

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2017
Messages
653
Reaction score
412
Location
Cheraw, South Carolina
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefing fam, I was wondering if you guys could help me ID this chalice coral I bought recently. It was listed as a “reverse bleeding apple chalice”. However it didn’t have a genus attached to it, and I’m trying to determine if it will be a plating or encrusting coral so that I can place it properly.
Thanks for any help you guys can give me…

IMG_2194.jpeg
 
Appears to be encrusting the plug it was glued to, but from there it may start plating out.
Echinophyllia perhaps?
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new