Coral identification help!

AxeMedix15

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2025
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Im new to saltwater tanks and a gentleman at a local fish store gave me a couple of corals for free. I have some GSP which is flourishing, and the other type, I cannot for the life of me remember the name he told me! It seems to be doing well also but I just want to make sure im caring for it appropriately! I think its actually a mushroom?? Any help is appreciated!!

IMG_8901.png IMG_8902.png
 
Photos are dark, some in white lights would be beneficial but what I can make out from squinting looks like a mushroom.
 
I'm going with rhodactis mushroom
Im sorry for the lighting, im still trying to fine tune my settings and my phone doesnt like the LEDs but looking at google i think your 100% right! Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new