Coral Identification Help

Kevin Gautrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
I got these coral frags the other day, but they were not identified and I'm wondering if anyone can help me identify them so I can get them placed in good positions. Thank you!
IMG_2632.JPG
IMG_2633.JPG
IMG_2634.JPG
IMG_2635.JPG
IMG_2636.JPG
IMG_2637.JPG

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top one looks like a long-polyp turbinaria. Haven't kept them, but I think they're on the lower side as far as flow and light.

Second one looks like a montipora of some kind, possibly a reverse superman. Encrusting, prefers higher light and flow, but I'm not 100% on the ID.

Third one looks like an alien eye or a hollywood stunner chalice. Either way, lower flow, lower light, can be a little finicky. Likes to be fed, but smaller food particles.

Fourth one... hard to say, but possibly a porites. Would need to see it in different light, from another angle.

Fifth is a psammacora. High light, high flow, but indirect flow - don't put it straight in front of a powerhead.

Six is a cyphastrea. Very aggressive grower, encrusting growth form. Make sure you isolate it on its own rock, it'll grow over literally anything in its path.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back