Coral identification help

  • Thread starter Thread starter 160732
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
1

160732

Guest
View Badges
Hi there,

I need this coral species identified. It was on the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef off the coast of Belize. The depth was around 5-7m
I think it might be a Porous Sea Rod?

Thank you very much in advance!
Bent Sea Rod (Plexaurella Flexuosa) growing from a damaged boulder coral - Caye Caulker, Belize.JPG
 
Looks like some sort of Gorgonian to me...
 
Hi there,

I need this coral species identified. It was on the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef off the coast of Belize. The depth was around 5-7m
I think it might be a Porous Sea Rod?

Thank you very much in advance!
Bent Sea Rod (Plexaurella Flexuosa) growing from a damaged boulder coral - Caye Caulker, Belize.JPG
Thats a very nice photo
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new