Coral Identification - Sand Polyps?

Brian E

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2022
Messages
21
Reaction score
5
Location
Long Beach
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this beautiful coral. It is a bright pink LPS with orange tentacles when the polyps open.The worker at the shop said it was called "Sand Polyps", but I've never heard of that and couldn't find any information about it online. Does anyone know more about this coral, maybe a better name to look under, or what kind of care to give for it? For scale, the colony in the pic below is about 3 inches across.
Unknown Coral.jpg
 
Sun coral, They are NPS. Mysis or any coral food 3-4x a week
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new