Coral identification

amharcourt

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2024
Messages
11
Reaction score
2
Location
Green River
What state or country do you live in
Wyoming
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help identifying what this coral is. It has grown out of my live rock and has been growing well for almost 2 years. I want to move it but need to know what it is first.

IMG_0230.jpeg
 
Yep, came from Florida. My next question- is there a way to safely remove it from the rock it is on? Other than breaking that section off the rock?
 
Yep, came from Florida. My next question- is there a way to safely remove it from the rock it is on? Other than breaking that section off the rock?
Why move it if it likes that spot and is growing?
 
Long story short, I never intended to have corals, I got a bigger tank and decided to have this smaller tank as my coral tank. I have replaced a bunch of the rock with shelf type rock and I want it to go on the shelf, same place different rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 32 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new