Coral identity and right position??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brancho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brancho

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2022
Messages
108
Reaction score
27
Location
Calgary
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all still new to this and wondered if I had these corals in the right place as 1 has closed up I'm the last 2 days and the other is not growing as rapidly as most of the other corals I have in the tank. I think I have a pink flower pot coral??? It's near the bottom of the tank and my tank is 32 inches deep and very little flow where it is. The other I'm not sure what it is but it's just below mid level and has reasonable flow. Any help would be great. I feed all my corals once a week with roids and aquaforest elixir twice a week

20230204_115224.jpg 20230204_115155.jpg
 
Gonis, like to be in lower half of tank, low to medium par. I’ve got a bunch , mostly on mini rock islands in the sand.
CA5F7D72-AD8F-4749-B4C1-1887CF5FFB69.jpeg
 
The first pic is a current pic? Its not doing well, it definately likes medium flow, IMO medium light. 32" is pretty deep, maybe try raising it a little so it gets more light and flow.
 
Gonis, like to be in lower half of tank, low to medium par. I’ve got a bunch , mostly on mini rock islands in the sand.
CA5F7D72-AD8F-4749-B4C1-1887CF5FFB69.jpeg
Red gonipora and best under moderate light and medium water flow around mid tank. Feed plankton type foods 2-3X per week
 
Red gonipora and best under moderate light and medium water flow around mid tank. Feed plankton type foods 2-3X per week
Yeah, my tank is just about half as deep. 16.5 inches. So bottom’s been working out fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new