Coral loses tissue in strange way! Please help!

SimonMo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2023
Messages
72
Reaction score
31
Location
Poland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my coral lost tissue in very strange way - about half of each polyp lost tissue. I don't know what could be the reason. I got this coral about 5 days ago and it looked very well. I have very good parameters.I keep sucesfully corals such as acropora, fungia, micromussa, euphyllia, chalice, duncan coral, birds nest, monti, zoas etc. In the same day i got it, i fed him with mysis. Do you know what went wrong? How to treat it?

The last photo shows how it looked like before.

20230519_223643.jpg 20230519_223700.jpg 20230513_193731.jpg
 
Did you dip it before adding to the tank? It almost looks like something was eating it. What are your inhabitants?
 
Did you dip it before adding to the tank? It almost looks like something was eating it. What are your inhabitants?
Yes, I dipped it. I have only asterinas,turbo snails,cleaning shrimp, anthias, clownfish and hexataenia wrasse
 
Yes, I dipped it. I have only asterinas,turbo snails,cleaning shrimp, anthias, clownfish and hexataenia wrasse
If it happened during the night it could be an unknown inhabitant. An iodine dip wouldn’t hurt either in case it is a bacterial issue.
 
I found the photo which was taken 2 days before photos which i already posted, so now I can see that it wasn't very rapid lost of tissue. Maybe this photos will help..
 

Attachments

  • 20230517_224801.jpg
    20230517_224801.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 83
  • 20230517_224640.jpg
    20230517_224640.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 57
Btw is this acanthastrea echinata?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new