coral mass spawning

Musclebai

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
happened to notice a coral spawning event in my aquarium yesterday[maybe solar eclipse initiated ?]
my sinularia leather was releasing thousands of little pods.my mini maxi anemone released its egg/sperms in short bursts.overall it lasted 30 minutes since i noticed it.video is crappy

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank must be on point. You should add some carbon though. Every time my anemones spawned I added carbon to make sure the nutrients don’t skyrocket.

OP
OP
Musclebai

Musclebai

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank must be on point. You should add some carbon though. Every time my anemones spawned I added carbon to make sure the nutrients don’t skyrocket.
Actually I was battling 50 ppm nitrates before the event.thanks for the advise.Will reload carbon.this is a simple sumpless 55g with internal skimmer and a hob refugium, canister filter and only 3 months since the last reset due to a move

OP
OP
Musclebai

Musclebai

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well folks 15 mins ago an acan frag that was bleached and potentially dead was caught spawning and yes my tank gets about 2-3 hours of sunlight in its current position apart from the "very costly" ebay black boxes :)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back