Coral not doing well

aduco15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me get a plan for my tank. All was well until about three weeks ago. I noticed salinity was low and I brought it up. Nitrates, alkalinity and phosphate were all fine but the coral are stressed. Even softies aren’t opening. I don’t know what to do. I thought about doing two 50 percent water changes but I don’t know what to try. So far I’ve tried uv for dinos and brightwell restor for corals. The tank is almost two years old.
The rodi water I’ve been using is at 0 ppm and I haven’t changed salts. Lighting hasn’t changed.
Parameters:
1.026 SG
78 degrees Fahrenheit
2 ppm nitrate
7.8 alk

image.jpg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me get a plan for my tank. All was well until about three weeks ago. I noticed salinity was low and I brought it up. Nitrates, alkalinity and phosphate were all fine but the coral are stressed. Even softies aren’t opening. I don’t know what to do. I thought about doing two 50 percent water changes but I don’t know what to try. So far I’ve tried uv for dinos and brightwell restor for corals. The tank is almost two years old.
The rodi water I’ve been using is at 0 ppm and I haven’t changed salts. Lighting hasn’t changed.
Parameters:
1.026 SG
78 degrees Fahrenheit
2 ppm nitrate
7.8 alk

image.jpg

96BC8840-ACAB-4F22-A304-E087A9D77B90.jpeg

Times like these, fall back to the basics. Discontinue any supplement dosing. Run some GAC and reduce your light intensity till your corals come back. A small water change may help, not a large one unless you know that there is contamination issue.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters:
1.026 SG
78 degrees Fahrenheit
2 ppm nitrate
7.8 alk

image.jpg
Welcome to r2r
I would also add take your water to a lfs and have them test it. When was the last time you calibrated refractometer?

OP
OP
A

aduco15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r
I would also add take your water to a lfs and have them test it. When was the last time you calibrated refractometer?
Two weeks ago. I have a hanna salinity checker. Used their packet to calibrate it and that’s when I noticed it was off.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back