Coral not responding!

Bradsreeeftank

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
760
Reaction score
6
Location
Reading, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a green horn coral and it's not getting fuzzy like it was at LFS! Where do I put it! I tried middle of tank and ground! It's been in my tank for 3 days! What am I doing wrong!
 
High flow high light. I have mine right up top in my tank with my power head facing it.

+1^
Also, thats an SPS Coral, your water params need to be in perfect order. And your lighting should be very strong.
 
As long as he came from an LED tank, if he did not, then you will need to acclimate him to the top. Then again, if he isn't popping out now, you may give it a try at first.
 
Yeah they like lots of indirect flow and good high light. I have mine at the top of the tank under all LEDs and it looks fantastic.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new