Coral only tank question

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, im thinking of running my new tank with just coral for a year as im going on a 5 week holiday next year. Figure its easier for someone to maintain if no fish are in the tank.

I will be keeping some sps(acros), zoas,acan, hammers,torches.

Would i just need to feed the tank more often due to this, any suggestions on basic stuff to feed the corals also apart from 3 part randys.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it makes it easier to keep some NO3, PO4 in the water. Feeding will be good and you may even have to dose nitrate/phosphate to make things easier on yourself depending on what you're going for.

OP
OP
Dlealrious

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool will look into that, i feed acans pellets in my grow out tank and reef roids to. Everything seems fine atm in the small tank. No filter just old cheap led and 75% weekly water changes.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool will look into that, i feed acans pellets in my grow out tank and reef roids to. Everything seems fine atm in the small tank. No filter just old cheap led and 75% weekly water changes.
You might even want to scale back on the water change amount so you don't keep things too clean :)

OP
OP
Dlealrious

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to do monthly 50% changes once tank is running. I probally wont need to run the fuge then till i get fish really? I want a mandarin so am setting up a fuge for the pods aswell as nutrient export

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to do monthly 50% changes once tank is running. I probally wont need to run the fuge then till i get fish really? I want a mandarin so am setting up a fuge for the pods aswell as nutrient export
Well if your goal is to get a good solid pod population you could set up the fuge now. If you're growing macroalgae you may not need to at this point unless you're feeding heavy. You could even feed phyto to get the pod population really going but be cautious because that stuff is like bottled fertilizer. I think if you keep an eye on nutrients you'll be good just don't let them bottom out on you.

Glass box dreaming: What do you consider to be the most desirable brand of aquarium on the market right now?

• AquaForest

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cade

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • CDA Fish Tanks

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Eshopps

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • JBJ Aquariums

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Innovative Marine

Votes: 24 14.0%