Coral Opinions

Icemanzz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2024
Messages
13
Reaction score
4
Location
Newcastle
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I want to get your honest opinions when putting coral in A 15 Gallon nano tank. What are some corals you can put in a 15 gallon tank and some you should not.
 
You can have any coral in your tank! There are no limits on coral, just water parameters and how advanced your reefing experience is.
 
Depends how much coral you want to stock I’d avoid euphillia if it’s a few due to space,stinging
 
I dissent slightly in that some leathers and toadstools get really big really quickly. It wouldn't be long before that was all you would be able to see in your tank. Similarly, I have an elegance coral that has grown enough in 6 months that it would take up half of a 15 gallon tank all by itself.

Otherwise, tank size won't have much impact on coral.
 
I dissent slightly in that some leathers and toadstools get really big really quickly. It wouldn't be long before that was all you would be able to see in your tank. Similarly, I have an elegance coral that has grown enough in 6 months that it would take up half of a 15 gallon tank all by itself.

Otherwise, tank size won't have much impact on coral.
Like has been said depends on you’re system but acros would be my preferred choice for that size tank
 
just one thing, SBB corals has a lot of sales, until month 6-12, I dont recommend buying anything but mushrooms, duncolns and frogspawn from him, he is a massive rare/hard to keep coral collector/seller
he is a great guy, but for established tanks. for new tanks, not for you(except the corals I stated above)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new