Coral Placement Advice

kalebos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I am new here and I am new to reef aquariums. My friend got a small saltwater tank and totally inspired me. So I went ahead and bought a 30 gallon tank. I am doing a ton of research and taking my sweet time to make sure everything is done correctly. At this stage, I am curing the artificial rock that I made. It will be months from now until I put my first coral in here, but I was wondering if I could get some advice on coral placement anyways. I'd love to have a hammer, pulsing xenia, octospawn, and a/some zooanthids. Also I will be getting a clownfish or two 100% so I want to make sure to get something they can host in. I'm interested in a torch and open to an anemone. I know two of these listed corals grow like weeds and I realize that I do not have a ton of space to isolate the fast growers. Below I have pictures of the layout I'm hoping to use. And also, incase anyone is wondering, the white on the right is the edge of where my integrated filter will be.

How would you guys recommend I manage fast growers with a setup like this? Also, I'd love to hear suggestions of other beautiful coral that are good for beginners.

I have the potential to provide up to 600 gph of flow incase that information is helpful.

IMG-4070.jpg
IMG-4071.jpg
IMG-4069.jpg

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd toss the xenia and zoanthids on those two tiny rocks farthest away from the integrated filter (it's showing up as on the left for me).

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If possible, start by placing all of your corals low in the tank. You can gradually move them up by rubber banding the frag to the rock. If you’re seeing positive results and like the placement, that’s when you break out the coral glue.

OP
OP
K

kalebos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If possible, start by placing all of your corals low in the tank. You can gradually move them up by rubber banding the frag to the rock. If you’re seeing positive results and like the placement, that’s when you break out the coral glue.
Late reply, but that's very helpful advice! Thanks a bunch!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back