Coral placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter SDboatguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SDboatguy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2017
Messages
196
Reaction score
143
Location
So Cal
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a couple frags and I’m wondering about flow and light. I know every tank is different, but I’m looking for a starting point. I got a Hawkins echinata , ATL Jolene and a red dragon. Any options are welcome and appreciated.
 
Personally I use a Par meter determine light conditions of coral; flow can be tricky and have to see how corals respond. All of these corals need high and strong water flow so top is best; 200-350 par readings with strong water movement. Need strong lighting so I would aim for 250 par at least on all these corals.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new