Coral Placement

Kingkold020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently got a bunch of coral from various live sales in over the past two days. I soon realized I don’t really have any idea on how I want my tank to look lol. I was hoping you guys could inspire me. Here is how the tank currently looks.
80EF63FC-06C6-417D-9E49-96198384516D.jpeg

Zoanthids are in the right side of the left rock. On the left side of the left rock there are some lps acan, war coral, Favia. Under the little cave there is a Florida Ricordea. Then on the right side of the tank there are 3 hammers. I wanted to add some extra rock but I’m still not sure about it.

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm tough one, I personally think you show let these principles guide you:

- flow and lighting requirements of the corals
- how large/quickly the coral could grow
- how agressive a coral could be
- do you want to buy more of those same family of corals? Usually they are safe to be beside each other and touch. Some people make colonies or islands of families of corals together. For example, in my tank, I have a Torch "island", a Hammer "island"
- personally I like to try to put colours that are opposite each other on a colour wheel close together as this creates a strong contrast and makes the colours pop more
- other 'artistic' or 'photography' things to keep in mind like trying to create depth in the tank
- have a look at other tanks you love and admire and see if you can recreate it or make yours similar

Hope this helps and best of luck! Super exciting!

1609996616544.png

senorsancho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm the rocks on the right would be cool to like have a little euphyllia garden on the top rock of it and then just place zoas around it on the lower rocks and stuff to have zoa garden surrounding it. Rock on the left maybe I would save that top rock in case you get SPS and want some in high light up there and then you can place any other cool LPS or additional zoas again on the lower rock portions of it! Mushrooms could also be on the sand as well as the war coral / favia you have!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 62 36.7%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back