Coral Quarantine Setup-Dosing question

Jeffdstafford

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 26, 2015
Messages
360
Reaction score
473
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone;

I am building a fish room next month, and just went through quarantine on my display, and going forward, will quarantine all new corals for 3 months to avoid bringing in ich on any pieces. I'm planning out the layout of the room and necessary equipment, but since I will be doing an extended quarantine, I'm wondering what others do for dosing calcium and alk on a coral QT? My coral QT tank won't be huge, probably like 40 gallons-ish.

I'm thinking the options would be:
1)automated daily water changes from display tank to coral QT, then a drain that pulls waste water from the coral tank. I have an AWC setup now on my display, so I would just need to add 1 more pump to complete this setup
2)small calcium reactor
3)kalkwasser
4)2 part, which I don't want to mess with..I originally got a calcium reactor because I was tired of mixing 2 part.


What do others do?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new