Coral spacing...how much space do you give them?

BRS

[email protected]

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
So I feel like this is obvious for aggressive corals with sweeper tentacles...give them as much space as possible. However, what about acros, zoas, and other corals that just need the space to grow? How much space do you leave them when mounting on your rocks? Do you have a rule? Is it just how you feel it? What's your plan/strategy?

KrisReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
They are like children that fight over toys. There is never enough room for them. They want the whole tank for themselves. My corals are way over crouded. I remove the ones that are losing or that I don't want and let the "winners" take over.

mdb_talon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So I feel like this is obvious for aggressive corals with sweeper tentacles...give them as much space as possible. However, what about acros, zoas, and other corals that just need the space to grow? How much space do you leave them when mounting on your rocks? Do you have a rule? Is it just how you feel it? What's your plan/strategy?

My general approach is never give them enough room and as they grow I have to remove some. Good excuse for setting up another tank.

Champion