Coral that deteriorates like rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kodi01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kodi01

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2016
Messages
15
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the middle of cycling my 10g. One of the live rocks that I bought had a leathery growth on it which looked pretty dead so I picked most of it off before placing it in my tank.

Here it is 2 weeks later and the leathery growth is falling to pieces... And so is the rock.
3ee41baa4a70ebbe43a0be524b657004.jpg


I rubbed it gently and it fell apart easily. It looks like it was throughout the rock, but I don't know of any species that do that (says the newb).
Anyone have a similar experience?
 
You can see on the right its inside the hole of the rock
 
The "live rock" I purchased from my lfs wS not cured. N there was a large amount of white detritus that sluffed off the rocks as the tank cycled. Once the tank cycled the cuc had a feast
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new