Coral88's 75 SPS Tank

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, looks like it has lots of potential. I actually liked your rock work better before, now it looks too one sided. Maybe move one of the rocks to the right side to it give more balance.

A kalkwasser stirrer is a good investment that will make your corals and your coralline algae grow a lot faster. We have crazy coralline growth in our tanks since we hooked our up a few months ago.

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if I like the rock work yet. I might do some rearranging but I don’t want it to look even or symmetrical. I’m going to leave it the way it is until this weekend and if I don’t like it by then I’ll do some rearranging.

I keep going back and forth about adding kalk. I have a doser with two pumps. One will be for alk but I don’t know if I want to dose kalk or calcium with the second one.

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this. It’s a little banged up from shipping but the polyps are out. It should look great in a few days.

Montipora setosa
IMG_3735.jpg

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one is hard to get a pic of that shows the real color. Green with blue/purple tips and green polyps. It still looks cool in the pics though.

IMG_3722.jpg

Preston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James, you gotta hook me up with that Montipora setosa when you have a frag of it.

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James, you gotta hook me up with that Montipora setosa when you have a frag of it.

You got it.
If it grows as well as other montis do for me I should be able to get you a frag in about 6-8 weeks. And by then I may have a few others you want. I'm hopping to have a red planet table acro in a couple weeks :)

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! You have some nice pieces in there for sure.

Hey, I have the red planet, do you want to trade pieces for the Setosa? When they are both ready of course, mine is still small, on an ORA plug, but may be ready for a small frag in a couple months.

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! You have some nice pieces in there for sure.

Hey, I have the red planet, do you want to trade pieces for the Setosa? When they are both ready of course, mine is still small, on an ORA plug, but may be ready for a small frag in a couple months.

I would be happy to make you next on the list for a frag. I will be interested in a trade for the red planet if I don’t get the frag I’m hoping to get from a lfs when they make their order with ora in about two weeks. If they get it it’s mine along with a few other ora corals and a clam :)

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a tricky acro to get a good pic of. That is a actinic pic so it is a little bluer than it really is.

It’s the same one in this pic but it really looks like something in the middle. In this pic the parts that are purple look blue under my lights but looks purple with a flash or with no actinic light. The part that looks brown looks very green unless I take a pic with no actinic light. I like it. It’s like a chameleon.

IMG_3639.jpg

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red planet on order with a lfs when they make their ORA order in a week or so. But was at a lfs today that normally doesn’t carry sps. They had ordered some sps from ORA a few weeks ago and thy weren’t looking so good any more. So I offered to take them at a reduced price. I got the red plant for a really good price if it lives. It’s looking more than a little rough right now but did have a little polyp extension at the store so I think it has a chance. It will be interesting to see what my other one looks like next to this one when it comes in. I’m thinking if they both make it I will put one higher in the tank and one lower to see if they grow any different. This one is near the bottom on a magnetic frag rack. So if it is doing ok I can move the rack up a little at a time so I don’t shock it.
Red planet
IMG_3741.jpg

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know what this one is. I paid $50 for it and I think that’s a good deal for most ORA sps but would feel better if someone would tell me what it is and what they normally go for. It has lost some color but looks healther than the red planet.
IMG_3744.jpg

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on liveaquaria most ORA acros go for between 50$ and 90$. the red planet goes for 90. i think the other one is the hawkins echinata. also 90 i think

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a look at liveaquaria and I think your right it is a Hawkin’s Blue Echinata. So I got a ok deal they are $80 and I didn't have to pay shipping. I'm happy and can't wait to have them color up.

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rearranged my rock and like it way better now. I have more room for coral and even more holes for the fish to swim through.
IMG_3866.jpg

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know what this is if anyone can give me a Id that would be great. I think it came from Fiji or Tonga

IMG_3858.jpg

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this about 6 weeks. If it keeps growing as fast as it is now It will be a foot tall in a few months
Orange Digi
IMG_3853.jpg

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back