Coralbox A100 ATO review

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i Bought this for 150 AUD or 100 USD, and couldn’t be more disappointed

I was under the impression coralbox was a good and trustworthy brand but I stand corrected

Upon opening the box everything seemed okay until you set it up with a complete lack of any good instructions you had to resort to YouTube to attempt to set up the ato

Once you set it up you where left wondering how long the suction cap would hold

After a few hours the pump would attempt to correct your water level despite it already being higher than the infrared sensor and set of the build in alarm.

This happened about 5 times in a 48 hour period. It overfilled my tank to the point of me wanting to do a 50% waterchange to correct salinity.

I contacted coralbox through their support and got no response In their defence it is a weekend

Neverless I’ll be attempting to return this and I’ll advice against anyone purchasing this ATO

OP
OP
Peach02

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To my relief I was mistaken in my original review. Upon more research I gave the sensor a vinegar bath despite it being brand new. Surprisingly it worked and the sensor is now working perfectly. No more overflows or false alarms, also due to removing the float valve cover I believe.

To fix it what worked for me is
1. Giving the infrared sensor a vinegar bath
2. Removing the float valve cover
3. Turning it in above the water level and lowering it till it was at the desired level

TLDR, setting up the ato is a royal pain in the butt however it works. I wouldn’t reccomend it for anyone who doesn’t like tinkering with electronics that may flood their room or kill all their fish and corals if it goes badly enough

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back