Coralife 125 super skimmer cleaning

shallowskiff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to clean this skimmer for the first time and would like to know what is the best way to clean pump, foam on the return and anything else you would like to share with me that will make my cleaning easier. Can you clean down inside the main compartments??

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turn it off, take off the collection cup, my collection jug, the prefilter for the pump intake and then twist off the hose and housing for the pump. I take out the impeller. I clean all this in the sink and use a baby bottle brush and pipecleaner to clean the cup.

I wipe out the inside of the pump where the magnet of the impeller goes with a wet paper towel.

Put it all back together and its good to go. Make sure the pump hose is on well, it fell off for me once and bathed the inside of my sump cabnet with saltwater.

I would ditch the foam in the box from the return line: as it runs anything in the water coming out of the skimmer clogs the foam, this then creates back preasure on the return line and causes the water level in the skimmer to rise, thus making a mess

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back