Coraline,

Stanzo13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to have people, pink and red in my tank.. anyone know of any others? Some better than others? Any hard to keep? What are the best ways to spread it?

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green and yellow.
But I have been told they are super low light and seldom found.

How does the pink look different from the purple?

We have an overdose of the purple and probably 5% red.
Tiny bits of fluorescent pink here and there, but I always thought those were sponge.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find someone or a LFS that has coraline and ask for a piece. Grind it up and sprinkle like fairy dust in your tank. lol Coraline tends to become a nuisance after awhile, but I remember the joy of seeing my first purple dot. :)

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For 13.00 you can get a bottle of ARC coraline in a bottle. They got purples or pinks. I put a bottle in my tank in the beginning of July and now it’s really takin off. Some people say it’s BS but here is a picture or my powerhead that has only been in my tank since end of July and it’s covered, it just shows up better on that then my rocks but they are starting to get covered as well. It’s worth the money I think.
IMG_2131.JPG

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For 13.00 you can get a bottle of ARC coraline in a bottle. They got purples or pinks. I put a bottle in my tank in the beginning of July and now it’s really takin off. Some people say it’s crap but here is a picture or my powerhead that has only been in my tank since end of July and it’s covered, it just shows up better on that then my rocks but they are starting to get covered as well. It’s worth the money I think.
IMG_2131.JPG

https://arcreef.com/product/coralli...8BJyG99UMKMp37bExsnxqpOZp1GoI-SQaAoK4EALw_wcB

They also donate 15% back into conservation and have some of the best real live rock you can get anymore. Good group of people.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Stanzo13

Stanzo13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just noticed my first ever purple Coraline that grew from nothing in my tank...... Very happy day.

Jarhead-CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went almost 2 years with no coraline and my buddy wanted to start a salt water tank, so was helping him pick stuff out and saw the ARC coraline in a bottle and it cycles the tank so I told him to buy it. He had coraline everywhere in his tank 2 months later and until I got a bottle of the stuff I didn't have any.

OP
OP
Stanzo13

Stanzo13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went almost 2 years with no coraline and my buddy wanted to start a salt water tank, so was helping him pick stuff out and saw the ARC coraline in a bottle and it cycles the tank so I told him to buy it. He had coraline everywhere in his tank 2 months later and until I got a bottle of the stuff I didn't have any.
I would LOVE if you could mention what colors you got from it, I have maroon (dark red) pink, and purple

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back