corallife salt

BluegrassReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read good things about this salt....Who is using it?

what readings are you getting on a fresh mixed batch for Ca,Alk,Mg.
I want to use it for my new 75g.....and it is cheap in my area...$39 for 150g bucket...plus you get that great shirt...lol

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used it before, I didn't really like it, at the time I had some algae problems and I can't prove it but I think it was partially the salt mix. I don't remember the numbers from it but if I recall correctly they were pretty good. I have since switched to Seachem salt and I am never looking back, I love this stuff.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used it since the beginning and live it no complaints here...1smile1 one thing to watch thou is the calcium is way up there so adjust your dosing accordingly....

OP
OP
BluegrassReef

BluegrassReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used it before, I didn't really like it, at the time I had some algae problems and I can't prove it but I think it was partially the salt mix. I don't remember the numbers from it but if I recall correctly they were pretty good. I have since switched to Seachem salt and I am never looking back, I love this stuff.
HMMM...I have Seachem here to...but the LFS that sells it is high....$39 for a 50g bag

I've used it since the beginning and live it no complaints here...1smile1 one thing to watch thou is the calcium is way up there so adjust your dosing accordingly....

Thanks Troy.....Do you know what the Ca mixes on a fresh batch?
Poolkeeper1 from MTRC uses the corallife and has for over 10yrs...I think....swears by it.

OP
OP
BluegrassReef

BluegrassReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have some type of salt from Hawaii....Can't remember the name...but the sell it for $119 for a box.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been awhile since i tested it but iirc cal is close to 550, alk was 9 and mag was around 1300....... coral life has always very persistent from my exp so i don't bother to check it all the time....

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it mixed half and half with reefcrystals. I mix the salts because it helps keep MY system more stable. I don't really know why but it does.

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used coralife in the past and had good results with it....I switched to Reef Crystals just because I can get it for just as cheap online.

KSzegi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using it for about 1 1/2 years now and have been very happy with it. Tested it on yesterdays water change .... mixed at 1.026 .... PH 8.2, Ca 550, KH 10, Mg. 1530.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back