OP
Tlledsmar

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much flow do you have?
Currently set at 180gph at the canister. Skimmer moving about 400gph. And a couple powerhead set low, no way to measure them. Rated at 600gph but set at like 30%

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
600*0.3=180 ;)
Well some manufactures like ai have 1 percent being the min the pump can do instead of 1 percent of the max output. Like Nero 3 at 1 percent does 630 or so gph. Kinda makes it annoying to actually set up the pumps.

eitherway I’m shocked that dust of sand isn’t blowing around his tank

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well some manufactures like ai have 1 percent being the min the pump can do instead of 1 percent of the max output. Like Nero 3 at 1 percent does 630 or so gph. Kinda makes it annoying to actually set up the pumps.

If it's pulverized limestone, dolomite or whatever kind it is, it could be more like a compacted powder than grains of sand. IDK.

OP
OP
Tlledsmar

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's pulverized limestone, dolomite or whatever kind it is, it could be more like a compacted powder than grains of sand. IDK.

It actually did blow around real bad in the beginning but once it settled and was wet it stays put within reason. It is very very fine. Like flour I would say.

OP
OP
Tlledsmar

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New development, possibly related...
20211107_122715.jpg

Can't get a decent pic because my skimmer was making waves and retracting the light all weird but it is little balls of tiny egg lookin things. Almost reminds me of shrimp eggs.

OP
OP
Tlledsmar

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I went to vacuum the blotches out again and now there's nothing, but the substrate has been moved around so maybe the fish stirred it up and it went somewhere far away, idk

OP
OP
Tlledsmar

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the sand?
It's pretty good. Stays in place for the most part. The clowns do weird clown stuff and make little dust clouds but nothing crazy. Crabs walking on it doesn't affect it at all. It's all kinda one entity now. It was quite dusty at first

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 75.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back