Coralline Algae Needed

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all.. I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm looking for some clean Coralline Algae to blend up and attempt to seed my recycled LR from my old system. When I say clean, I'm not trying to introduce any nuisance algae. ;) Tank has two Pajama Cardinals, two Percula Clownfish both came with the tank, one Yellow Tang and one Flame angle. It's also housing a Frogspawn frag and Green Bubble Tip Anemone. Can't forget the three Trochus snails.
Kinda boring looking at bare white rock. Tank has been setup in my house for three months now getting it ready to be turned over to a reef.. The tank was a complete fish only tank that I adopted from someone who moved down to Virginia. I'm so excited to be in the hobby again after three years.. I'm in Simsbury. Sorry for the really crappy IPhone image..

IMG_5500.JPG

dsfirstsltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? I like it [emoji3]
Hey all.. I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm looking for some clean Coralline Algae to blend up and attempt to seed my recycled LR from my old system. When I say clean, I'm not trying to introduce any nuisance algae. ;) Tank has two Pajama Cardinals, two Percula Clownfish both came with the tank, one Yellow Tang and one Flame angle. It's also housing a Frogspawn frag and Green Bubble Tip Anemone. Can't forget the three Trochus snails.
Kinda boring looking at bare white rock. Tank has been setup in my house for three months now getting it ready to be turned over to a reef.. The tank was a complete fish only tank that I adopted from someone who moved down to Virginia. I'm so excited to be in the hobby again after three years.. I'm in Simsbury. Sorry for the really crappy IPhone image..

IMG_5500.JPG

dsfirstsltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this your first tank? I actually got Coraline growing from some live rock I bought now it's all over.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used an empty snail shell that had some growing on it for my son's tank. I just scraped it over his rock.

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen the purple up stuff in stores not really sure if you can use it on a established tank I would suggest buying a snail or hermit from your LFS with corline on its shell and let it spread that way or buy the “frag zone” rocks from Carib sea there pretty small and try to seed your tank that way

OP
OP
P

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured that someone might be cleaning/scraping their tank soon and might be able to help out.. Just a try..

OP
OP
P

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's ok. Maybe someone closer to me may see this post.

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How cool are you with your local fish store ask a employee to scape a piece for ya I don’t see why the wouldn’t or a shell roc etc from a display

Benga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about buying some Coralline in a Bottle. From what i heard most products that advertise coralline growth are just a bottle with lots of calcium but i heard that product in specific has coralline algae spores.
I bought a bottle gonna see how it works in a couple weeks.

OP
OP
P

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about buying some Coralline in a Bottle. From what i heard most products that advertise coralline growth are just a bottle with lots of calcium but i heard that product in specific has coralline algae spores.
I bought a bottle gonna see how it works in a couple weeks.

I've seen the same one on Amazon. LOL..Could you keep us posted.

rvlcf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have plenty of purple coralline I can scrape for you. In Fairfield.

Come to think of it, I have frags you can have too.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back