Coralline Algae?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But did you actually do it?
I did and I still got the ugly stage when lights came on. I would not do it again.
Like I wrote, just my experience and does not mean it will work in anyone else’s tank the same way. Too many variables.
I would Leave lights on, get a CUC and start suctioning out what is growing out of control.

I did, seemed to help a lot, all things being equal I can only see it either being a benefit or no help, wouldn’t think it would make things worse.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did, seemed to help a lot, all things being equal I can only see it either being a benefit or no help, wouldn’t think it would make things worse.
I can definitely agree it didn’t hurt in my case.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But did you actually do it?
I did and I still got the ugly stage when lights came on. I would not do it again.
Like I wrote, just my experience and does not mean it will work in anyone else’s tank the same way. Too many variables.
I would Leave lights on, get a CUC and start suctioning out what is growing out of control.

I concur with you.

Complete lights off could be a bomb waiting to explode. I’ve had similar experiences before.

With some lights on with super reduced schedule in the beginning you’ll still see the uglies buy won’t be hidden

I normally would only suggest full black out to fight an on going rising bloom

Back