Coralline / Ancient Florida Reef Rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike in CT
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
1,123
Reaction score
495
Location
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.
My tank has been running a year and a half now using ancient reef rock from interior Florida. I have coralline on the glass, overflow, skimmer and any frag that is placed in the tank gets covered with coraline. I just can just not get any coraline to grow on my rock.... zero.... zilch! Could my rock be leaching something preventing coraline growth?
So I was wondering how other reefers have made out using this rock vs live rock, or dead rock that has come from the ocean vs ancient rock from interior sources.

Thanks,
Mike
 
There is probably stuff growing on it that the coralline cannot compete with, or is having difficulty competing with.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new