Coralline eating inverts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cameronh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
6,791
Reaction score
5,320
Location
GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides asterina stars, what other inverts should I watch our for that eat coralline? Noticed some of it vanishing and turning white and would like to know if there are any other things I should keep an eye out for. Thanks in advance
 
It's grows pretty quickly, I just can't stand seeing it go away in some spots. A real bummer
 
It will die when it's exposed to air. Every time I move a tank it disappears.
 
You can see right where my water change level is. [emoji53]
 
Have you changed your lighting or checked your chemistry?
 
It's been my experience that coralline can die off with lighting changes.
 
It's been my experience that coralline can die off with lighting changes.
Well I hope that's what it is. Did it grow back for you?
 
Besides asterina stars, what other inverts should I watch our for that eat coralline? Noticed some of it vanishing and turning white and would like to know if there are any other things I should keep an eye out for. Thanks in advance
Check ur mag
 
Yea it grows back, ive had coralline bleach encrust bleach encrust over and over again. Came to a point were some spots started plating
Well that's good news! I like coralline alot, I don't know why.
 
Well that's good news! I like coralline alot, I don't know why.
Yea give it a while and youll hate it as much as i do. Dont get me wrong the purple red and green rocks are the look i like but it reaches a point were stuff stops working and breaking . constant scraping and vinigar bathing are sometimes a pain
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new