CoralRx .... how often can I treat?

TinnysReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I recently had some sad looking galaxea, hydnophora, and actually lost some acros in my 40gal frag tank. A large pectinia started dying back. The torches, frogspawn, and soft corals all are fine. I did a dip with CoralRx thinking maybe it’s a parasite or infection I can’t see … then noticed the treatment also helps with tissue necrosis. I also did a large water change - 10 gal/day for 3 days.

By the second day - only one water change and the CoralRx dip - the hydnophoras opened up again, as did the galaxea, the pectinia poofed and I could see it’s little mouths, and the sick acros look fluffy and happy!!

Should I repeat the CoralRx? If so, how often?

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Agree with blaxsun and don't dip them longer than 5 to 10 min. CoralRX is a pretty strong dip and I've dipped a few for 15 min and they don't fare so well.

Two Little Fishies Revive is also a good dip and helps to recover corals. It's weaker than CoralRX in my experience, but it works very well.

CoralRX is my initial go to for Maricultured Acropora that have flatworms, bristle worms, etc.

Revive is my go to if I'm doing a second round dip or the Coral didn't ship well and I need one that isn't as harsh. Revive also kills flatworms and others. If I were dipping a sick coral, I would use Revive first.

I have and also have used Brightwell Koral MD Pro. It seems to have a very positive affect on Acropora and other corals as well.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back