Corals anonymous?

Macd582000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I keep seeing on my Facebook feed this company corals anonymous pop up as advertisement. I finally went to the website and surprised with the amazing prices. Anybody have experience with this company and reconebdations? I would love to order from them but a little hesitant as it's in California and I'm in Florida... and it's winter lol.
Great company with good prices and packaged well.Local pick up was good less stress on corals.

TWOODZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great company with good prices and packaged well.Local pick up was good less stress on corals.
They are great, I especially like the size if the frags I buy vs. Others I will not mention. Great customer service too!

BVF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from them a couple weeks ago, the shipment got delayed in KY and the corals died. These guys made it right and my replacements were healthy and larger than the originals. Here is the Dragon Soul hours after arrival:
78640EAA-F05D-4D23-8358-C397DC53642D.jpeg
I’ll order again.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from them a couple weeks ago, the shipment got delayed in KY and the corals died. These guys made it right and my replacements were healthy and larger than the originals. Here is the Dragon Soul hours after arrival:
78640EAA-F05D-4D23-8358-C397DC53642D.jpeg
I’ll order again.
That’s generous. Delays in shipping are not their fault and many shops disclaim these from their doa policy. Sounds like a stand up company

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last order had 1 coral not survive and another bleached out. I got 50% back. Another was not what I ordered and they refunded that one. I do like what they send. And how they work with you if all is not right

ixxy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but just wanted to pipe in and say I will NEVER order from Corals Anonymous again. I spent $55.99 on an "Ultra Crimson Vector Discosoma Mushroom" and $26 on some candy apple zoas.

Everything arrived packed well but the mushroom was less than a 1/4 inch in diameter and vastly different than the mushroom in the photo (see below). What a disappointment.

What I ordered:
1697227724973.png

What I received:

1697227831832.png

Maybe it'll be the right color and size in a year or 2. But for that price, I'd expect them to grow it out before selling it.

Sorry for the vent... I'm obviously still ticked. BTW - the zoas were fine.

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, no, no. A complete pass selling me dead snails in a parking lot. Come home and inspect the specimen cups and I'm ticked as the snails are dead. They expected me to video myself opening the box and inspecting the snails. I had ordered from them several times prior but will never make that mistake again!

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, no, no. A complete pass selling me dead snails in a parking lot. Come home and inspect the specimen cups and I'm ticked as the snails are dead. They expected me to video myself opening the box and inspecting the snails. I had ordered from them several times prior but will never make that mistake again!
Yikes. I picked up a order earlier today @ Coffee Bean and it was OK... Definitely not as renegade as I remember when I ordered from them.

Mike Lemming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but just wanted to pipe in and say I will NEVER order from Corals Anonymous again. I spent $55.99 on an "Ultra Crimson Vector Discosoma Mushroom" and $26 on some candy apple zoas.

Everything arrived packed well but the mushroom was less than a 1/4 inch in diameter and vastly different than the mushroom in the photo (see below). What a disappointment.

What I ordered:
1697227724973.png

What I received:

1697227831832.png

Maybe it'll be the right color and size in a year or 2. But for that price, I'd expect them to grow it out before selling it.

Sorry for the vent... I'm obviously still ticked. BTW - the zoas were fine.
How does this coral look today?

Cooter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two orders and wont order again, 1st order was fish that was fine. 2nd was a anemone came in I ordered from them it had a black discharge in its mouth turned out to be charcoal dust, so it wasnt doing well I put it in a isolation tank, took two weeks to die. Also it did not look anything like what was in the photo. If you put a photo up of a anemone praising its color that's the anemone you should be selling not a lesser one at the higher price.

I have various bubble tips dividing growing great and a yellow long tentacle I raised from a sprout it's over a foot circumference now. So I know how to keep and maintain anemones.

Mike Lemming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two orders and wont order again, 1st order was fish that was fine. 2nd was a anemone came in I ordered from them it had a black discharge in its mouth turned out to be charcoal dust, so it wasnt doing well I put it in a isolation tank, took two weeks to die. Also it did not look anything like what was in the photo. If you put a photo up of a anemone praising its color that's the anemone you should be selling not a lesser one at the higher price.

I have various bubble tips dividing growing great and a yellow long tentacle I raised from a sprout it's over a foot circumference now. So I know how to keep and maintain anemones.
I too gave them the benefit of the doubt and ordered a few frags. a birdsnest is doing good and a trachy is doing good as well. The other 4/5 frags are on their way out. I have a few sps in the tank that are all doing well except the ones that I got from CA. It was a very expensive small trachy and birdsnest. They did give me credit for a bonsai (that was certainly not a bonsai based off it's growth structure) that was bleached right out of the bag, but I have 6 months to spend it with them. I'll chalk that up as a loss.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 26 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back