Corals closing/ melting

jwilkey2468

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I glued my corals down with gorilla super glue gel and since then they have closed up. I haven’t messed with the flow and just did a regular water change. There has been no swings in parameters at all. Should I take them off the rock and dip all of them? Or any other suggestions?

I have attached what it looks like now vs a week ago

image.jpg Nov4.jpeg Nov4.jpeg Nov4.jpeg Nov5.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jwilkey2468

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it looks like a new tank? Can you advise more details, what kind of lighting and flow, what are the water parameters, how long has the tank been up?
The 10 gal tank has been running for 4 months now for lighting I have a Orbit Marine Current Loop Light set to run 30%blue 15% white from 1-11pm with ramp up and ramp down cycles. I run a Current eFlux pump (660GPH) that I run at 30% in that set position in the image. Temp:76F salinity:32 (I have an auto top off) PH: 7.8 Ammonia:.25 Nitrite:0 Nitrate:10. I feed 2x a week frozen shrimp and small scoop reef roids. I do water changes 20% every 2-3 weeks cuz Zoas like dirtier water. I also have some snails, few hermit crabs, blood shrimp and a Cardinal fish in there.

OP
OP
J

jwilkey2468

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long no change in parameters and what are there levels?
How much white do they get?

I’d do nothing to stress them out further.
They get 30% blue 15% white I posted the parameters above. Would the whites have any effect on them?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 10 gal tank has been running for 4 months now for lighting I have a Orbit Marine Current Loop Light set to run 30%blue 15% white from 1-11pm with ramp up and ramp down cycles. I run a Current eFlux pump (660GPH) that I run at 30% in that set position in the image. Temp:76F salinity:32 (I have an auto top off) PH: 7.8 Ammonia:.25 Nitrite:0 Nitrate:10. I feed 2x a week frozen shrimp and small scoop reef roids. I do water changes 20% every 2-3 weeks cuz Zoas like dirtier water. I also have some snails, few hermit crabs, blood shrimp and a Cardinal fish in there.
Nano tanks need weekly water changes to maintain proper parameters especially new nano tanks. I doubt that is sufficient light too. Salinity is low also and that alone could shock stress corals.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back