Corals don't seem to be growing

lilfish717

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2019
Messages
807
Reaction score
292
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. In a few months into this hobby. Currently having a bad algae outbreak and a super high nitrate problem. I've had my lps for over 2 months now. How fast should they be growing. I'm not noticing any big differences. They're all colorful, eating etc. Just can't notice growth. Should I be noticing growth at this point? I have 2 favia, 1 pocillopora, and 2 chalices (about 1 week old) . Also have a 3 month old pavona that died about 2 months ago but is significantly (atleast to me) coming back and gaining it's green colors.
 
those aren’t real fast growers and it sounds like your tank is awful young and still probably unstable.. what are your parameters?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new