Corals dying

  • Thread starter Thread starter hadams356
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hadams356

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2019
Messages
277
Reaction score
104
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I been having problem with corals dying. I have 200 g system, recent icp test shows low on some elements but way high on lithium. No metals shown.
I now have more dead corals in tank than live ones.
I looked for bugs haven't seen any.
Alk,Ca and Mag all within range. I been fighting the unknown for several months now.
Any suggestions appreciated.
 
ac2bc74f-ecf4-4ef4-8b01-0527ebf8981c.jpg
d6802978-b3e9-4675-a7a2-617ae767e507.jpg
a0885675-2715-481e-9c75-d6deb6d3ebd8.jpg
 
what are your Nitrate and Phosphate levels>

I had a sea cucumber die in my tank a couple years ago... did bad things to it. I lost 1/2 my corals... I also had high Nit and Phos at the time. The GSP and xenia were the first to go believe it or not.

Do you do regular water changes?
 
How are the corals doing today?
 
Yeah you do have something going on there. To have a Hollywood stunner dying back like that! I could frag mine with my shoe outside of the aquarium and throw pieces back in the aquarium and they would grow. Did someone clean around the aquarium? Did you release some pocket of sulfur and methane from a deep sand bed?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new